- Challenge yourself & add significant value to Qantas Group
- At Qantas, our teams come together to create new and unique customer experiences
- Full time Permanent opportunity based at our Mascot Campus
The Qantas Group sits at the heart of the fast moving, challenging and exciting aviation and travel sector. Today, 35,000 people work in Australia and overseas across our airline, freight, catering, ground service and loyalty arms, driving our success and maintaining our position as a world class organisation. As we engage our next generation, we continue to look for the passion and commitment that have always set the Qantas Group apart. In this uniquely dynamic environment, you’re encouraged to embrace a challenge and build your experience every day.
As a Data Scientist, you will be a thought leader in the research, development and deployment of forecasting and optimisation capabilities across the revenue management function. In this role, you will identify revenue improvement opportunities through the development of mathematical modelling and optimisation capabilities and translate modelling and optimisation capabilities to support revenue management decision making. You will play a key part in providing mathematical modelling and analysis capabilities to support critical decision making and applying structured and analytical thinking skills to solve complex problems.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Identification of revenue improvement opportunities through the development of mathematical modelling and optimisation capabilities.
- Translating these modelling and optimisation capabilities into both software prototypes as well as mature software that is relied upon to support revenue management decision making.
- Providing mathematical modelling and analysis capabilities to support critical decision making.
- Applying structured and analytical thinking skills to solve complex problems.
- Tertiary-level education in a relevant discipline, such as data science, econometrics, engineering, mathematics, statistics or applied physics.
- High level understanding of one or more core areas in data science or optimisation, such as building statistical models, machine learning and numerical optimisation.
- Demonstrated experience in applying data science techniques to solve business and/or other applied problems.
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following programming languages: python, C/C++, R or shell script (e.g. bash).
- Demonstrated ability to engage with end users and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills and technologies ‘on-the-job’.
Qantas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, so by coming to work for us, you’ll be part of an organisation that encourages diversity, supports charities and environmental initiatives. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander – and people from every other kind of background – to apply. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Talk to us about how this job could be flexible for you.
Be a part of something special – get in touch today.