HIVERY is a joint venture between Red Garage Ventures and Data61 backed by The Coca-Cola Company.
Our team of data scientists apply machine learning and sophisticated optimization techniques to develop simple-to-use solutions for the retail sector. HIVERY customers are large FMCG and food operators in Australia, USA, Japan, and China.
HIVERY helps our customers grow their profit line. We do this by building Prescriptive Analytics tools that solve individual business problems in ways that humans cannot. Applying artificial intelligence, advanced machine learning technologies and sophisticated optimization techniques, our team of seriously smart data scientists and engineers develop simple-to-use solutions for better business outcomes.
HIVERY’s mantra is that “Data has a better idea” and since our inception in 2015, HIVERY has been proving time and time again that data really does have a better idea.
What are we looking for?
Here at HIVERY we are seeking a hands on Lead Developer to lead our largest engineering team in vending analytics. This role will involve working with the Product Manager to understand the needs of the customer, managing the day to day technical delivery accordingly, building best practice, raising the bar on quality and testing and mentoring junior/mid-level engineers. You will also collaborate with the Lead Developers across other product teams to provide technical guidance and strategic oversight across products and projects to build a high performance engineering team.
Your key responsibilities
- Align development activities with the product roadmap
- Define the application architecture for the product, and communicate the architecture to the rest of the product team
- Champion best practice and reduce technical debt
- Lead day to day technical delivery often working to tight timeframes
- Develop and maintain applications
- Act as an escalation point for customers when technical issues arise
- Recruit and train technical resources
- Provide mentorship and leadership to the rest of the team
Our required skills
You will have a BS in Computer Science or a related field and at least 5 years experience in the Information Technology arena.
- Leading small to medium sized teams
- Django, Tornado
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB
- System administration
- EC2, autoscaling, SQS
- Building strong relationships with seniors and peers, and proactively communicating with stakeholders
- HIVERY is one of Australia’s most exciting AI startups with global growth opportunity
- Backed by Coca Cola we have tier one household names in FMCG as a client base globally, with the opportunity to work on a variety of innovative, cutting edge products leaps and bounds ahead of anything else out there in our sector
- Work with a team of extremely smart, highly educated and engaged data science, machine learning, engineering, and optimization specialists
- Autonomous environment to maximise creativity and productivity, working flexibly to support this and having a lot of fun along the way