Machine Learning Scientists required to join the Data Science team and help research and develop algorithms that can be used across HIVERY. We are seeking someone to help build methods for predicting product suggestions (recommendations) and product demand (forecasting), and explore commercial datasets sourced from big brands to automatically extract patterns (large-scale machine learning and pattern recognition).
- Experience designing analytic or algorithmic solutions to business or operational problems
- Ability to create novel algorithms and advance the state of the art of a given solution
- Experience working with large datasets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to present data science ideas to both business and engineering audiences.
- Ability to clean, transform, and merge data in a programming language like Python or similar.
- Experience with SQL required.
- Ability to research, design, implement and evaluate algorithms using a scientific procedure is a must.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a multidisciplinary team. Particularly, ability to participate in a peer-review process.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ph.D. Computer Science, Operations Research, Computational Economics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or a related field and at least two years of work experience
- Experience with demand forecasting and optimisation around promotions, pricing, inventory, transport and/or advertisement a big plus.
- SQL at an advanced level, eg. using window functions, a plus
- Familiarity with state of the art ML methods.
- Strong background in statistical methodology with applications to business problems
- Experience developing software in traditional programming languages, Python preferred.
- Familiarity with Cloud infrastructure (eg. AWS) is a plus, but not essential.
At HIVERY you will work with mentorship from our Architects and DevOps folks, and collaborate with our Data Scientists to develop intuitive and data-driven applications.
COME AND PLAY
Come and play with one of Australia’s most exciting AI startups, where you’re encouraged to be as creative as you can be, with a flexible working environment to support that. Working with a super smart team who enjoy having a lot of fun along the way.
Please contact us at email@example.com with a resume, and a brief write-up of why you are interested in this position and a good fit for HIVERY.