Your New Business Unit & Team
Retail Banking Services (RBS) is the public face of CommBank, delivering a seamless banking experience to our 10 million + personal and small business customers.
The Home Buying team is responsible for end to end management of the Bank’s Home Loan business through developing and leveraging models.
Your New Challenge & Success
Reporting into a “Senior Manager – Home Buying Modelling”, the breakdown of your role is to develop and monitor a suite of statistical models for Application / Behavioural scorecards, Stress Testing and Fraud. You’ll contribute to by:
- Model development
- Understand / empathise with Senior stakeholder
- Consider creating / presenting easily consumable executive packs / conduct workshops
- Drive value through timely delivery of industry leading statistical models aiming at enabling dynamic decisioning
- Provide Home Buying with meaningful, accurate and actionable insights to help them identify business issues and opportunities
- Ensure compliance with all required policies (e.g. APRA) and governance.
- Team culture
- Direct management of one Analyst based off-shore
- Collaborate, co-operate, support and nurture interpersonal relationships with RBS Product Teams and Data teams (e.g. Product and Pricing, Line 1 Risk, Credit risk)
- Commit to role model the CBA vision and values to, together becoming a Centre of Excellence with an inclusive team culture aiming at communal objectives
Key Skills & Experience
- Technical capability
- Statistical modelling using supervised learning technics (e.g. GLM, Decision Tree, Random Forest, Time series, XGBoost, etc). FYI, they also experiment with unsupervised learning (e.g. Clustering, Neural Networks, etc)
- Advanced analytics skills - Ability to generate actionable value-add insights by understanding complex data
- Ability to deliver tangible and quantifiable business benefit
- Teradata SQL, SAS, R
- Soft skills
- Project management and prioritisation skills
- Senior stakeholder management of Executive Managers and above
- Communication, presentation & reporting skills
- Ability to build rapport based on trust, honesty and enthusias
- Highly regarded: Industry experience in Credit Risk / retail banking.
- Tertiary qualifications in a numerate discipline preferably in statistics, or have the equivalent experience in finance, business or accounting roles in a financial organisation
Your Development & Career Progression
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.