Software Engineer - Robotics: Perception
At Postmates X, we are reimagining how things move in cities. Serve , our personable sidewalk delivery robot, is our vision for the future of delivery. It’s designed to take deliveries away from congested streets and onto underutilized alleys and sidewalks, to save energy, reduce emissions, reduce traffic, and make deliveries faster and cheaper. Why move two-pound burritos with two-ton cars?
Serve has been years in the making and has already done thousands of customer deliveries.
WHO ARE WE?
We are tech industry veterans in software, hardware, and design who are pooling our individual talents together to build a legacy. Our team is inclusive, agile, and driven by a common purpose. We are solving real-world problems with machine learning, computer vision, and robotics, with a mindful eye towards the end-to-end user experience. By joining our team, you will help create the first robotic helpers entering our cities: moving alongside us and running our errands!
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
You will apply computer vision and computational geometry fundamentals to solve complex problems related to autonomous vehicles’ ability to perceive the world around them. You will leverage various forms of analytic, geometric and machine learning-based techniques to enable localization, navigation and control subsystems to operate effectively.
- Investigate new sensors and establish ways to integrate them into our sensor fusion and perception stacks
- Develop algorithms for detection, tracking, and classification of static and dynamic obstacles
- Support localization, navigation and planning teams with perception-specific pipelines
- Design and build state of the art machine learning algorithms
- Own testing of your software from simulation to prototypes to a scaled fleet
- MS or Ph.D. in computer vision, machine learning, or related field
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in Robotics or Autonomous Vehicle projects
- Experience with perception sensors including LIDAR, radar, and cameras
- Strong foundations in applied linear algebra, 3D data manipulations, and computer vision
- Foundational C++ programming and software design skills to support high-performance algorithm design
- Experience developing real-time autonomous robotics applications
- Experience with embedded Linux and real-time systems
- Experience with GPU based accelerations using CUDA
- Experience with classical computer vision techniques like structure from motion, RANSAC, Hough transformations, camera calibration, pinhole projection models, etc
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- We’ll provide the equipment you need to work efficiently and creatively
- Paid parental leave, vacation time and sick time
- Catered lunches and open snack bar
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Full support to contribute to open source projects
- Awesome office located in SOMA just minutes from BART, Muni, AC Transit, and SamTrans
Apply directly on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1032160718